There’s not one season that I’d want to face without essential oils. But I especially can’t imagine summer oil-less!
I’ve come up with seven reasons why I especially love my essential oils during the summer months.
Summertime Essential Oils
1. Lime essential oil is a favorite in all my summer recipes. I make margaritas, mojitos, guacamole, fresh salsa (with garden-fresh tomatoes and cilantro), limeade, and lime cake with my beloved lime oil. Yum!
2. Melaleuca essential oil helps your feet stay clear of any yuckies you may pick up at the swimming pool or in the communal showers at camp. I know; it’s gross to think about, but it’s not nearly as bad if you’ve got Melaleuca on hand. It’s also great for any scratches and owies.
3. Who doesn’t love an ice cold glass of freshly brewed iced tea on a hot summer’s day? I can make the perfect one, adding a favorite essential oil for flavor: orange, lemon, or bergamot—or all three!
4. Spent too much time in the sun at the ballpark or beach? Lavender and peppermint essential oils—layered—brings refreshing, cooling, and soothing relief.
5. We never take a long trip without Clarity essential oil blend. It’s perfect for helping us all stay awake and alert when those stretches of riding and driving go on and on. I also pass around the Peace & Calming to keep the backseat choruses of “Are We There Yet?” to a minimum.
6. My DIY Insect Repellant goes with me everywhere in the summer: ball park, camping, hiking, playground, the July 4th fireworks display—you name it. A few years ago, I wore a pair of capri pants to an outdoor graduation picnic for a friend. I sat in a lawn chair for a couple of hours. When I came home, I had mosquito and chigger bites all over my ankles and legs. Bugs love me. But when I use this essential oil spray on my feet, ankles, legs—and my chair or blanket—the bugs leave me alone. Bonus? It’s a nice cleaning spray for your hands should you need a quick clean-up after a trip to the Port-a-Potty (I know; ew!).
7. I’ve been using Citrus Fresh, Ledum, and Grapefruit essential oils to help with weight loss and suppressing my appetite. I’m doing a modified version of the Petrochemical Weight Loss Protocol. I won’t be bikini-ready anytime soon, but hopefully I can more easily fit into my favorite shorts with a little less jiggle.
Here’s the super-cool thing—if you’ve been thinking about getting started with essential oils, you should jump in today!
Through May 31, Young Living is actually giving you an extra bottle of essential oil FREE when you purchase a Premium Starter Kit.
So, when you use my referral link to purchase a Premium Starter Kit and become a wholesale member in my Young Living organization, you’ll also receive:
- $20 discount on your registration
- a reference book of your choice
- a lemon, lime, or orange essential oil (15 ml bottle) of your choice —from me
- a lemongrass, orange, or tangerine oil (5 ml bottle) chosen at random—from Young Living
Remember: you need to do this by midnight central time, May 31 in order to receive the extra oil from YL.
You’ll spend about $150 plus tax and shipping and then receive $60+ in discounts and bonuses! It’s a special offer you don’t want to pass up, especially if you’ve been thinking of trying essential oils anyway. Now’s the time. 😉
Disclosure: I am not a medical doctor. Any statements made on this blog about essential oil use are not meant to treat, diagnose, or cure any condition. My statements about essential oils are my opinion and are based upon my own experiences and research.
I occasionally feature affiliate links in my blog posts. Should you follow my link and make a purchase or join a membership website, I will be compensated for my referral.